Sunday, February 20, 2011

Constructed Egg Potoato Salad Sandwich


 It seems like lately menus all around the City have some sort of "deconstructed" item, but do they really need to point out that its deconstructed? I think its just clever marketing to charge an extra buck for something that someone was too lazy to mix together. So I am calling my salad "constructed" because I actually took the time to finish what I started. This simple recipe calls for:
  • 6 hard boiled eggs (with yolks)
  • 3 medium red potatoes
  • 4 sliced green onions
  • 8oz Best Foods mayonnaise
  • salt to taste

Let the eggs and potatoes cool before slicing them (to speed up process, puts eggs and potatoes in cold water). Crumble the hard yolks and add everything in a mixing bowl then proceed to mix everything and then let the salad chill in the fridge for half an hour.


I recommend serving the salad on a Dutch Crunch bread roll. Once the sandwich is "constructed" then you can presume to "deconstruct" it with your mouth. 

Enjoy -M

No comments:

Post a Comment