Sunday, July 18, 2010

Strawberry Scones & Mac&Cheese


Today was the weekly Farmers Market on Divisadero and Grove St., which is conveniently located a few blocks from where we live. Although it was near closing time for the market, I was tempted to take a peak at what kind of vegetables and fruits the vendors were now offering. Luckily the usual guy we like to get our straweberries from was still there AND had marked down the price on the last few trays of strawberries. After purchasing 3 baskets of strawberries I began thinking of the different ways I could enjoy these delicious red berries. I quickly remembered that I had a great strawberry scone recipe that I've been wanting to try for some time now, so after a quick stop to pick up some more ingredients, I raced home to prepare for an afternoon of baking :]

** have a bag of flour handy while making these little beauties, the dough is really sticky


After sharing a couple warm scones with my roomate, I jumped back in the kitchen to start dinner. We had been looking forward to having mac and cheese for almost 5 whole days. Needless to say, it was definitely worth the wait. And just as a WARNING, homemade mac and cheese is ADDICTING. I am really not joking, it is so good and far better than any kind of instant mac and cheese you have ever had. My mouth is watering at this very moment just thinking about mac and cheese!





Most mac and cheese recipes call for basically the same ingredients, but I highly recommend adding a cup or two of gruyere cheese along with sharp cheddar cheese. Italian bread crumbs are also a nice addition, instead of using plain ol' regular bread crumbs. Hope you have enjoyed!

Bon apetit!


-A





1 comment:

  1. This looks delish.....next time you are in San Diego you have to make them. :)

    ReplyDelete