Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vegan Posole & the works

Sometimes when people hear that I have dropped meat from my diet I often get asked, "But how can you not eat meat if you're Mexican?", Yes, I know, being Mexican and not consuming meat, pork, and poultry is a hard thing to do. And there are times when I look at carne asada and thought about jumping the vegetarian ship, but there are great recipes for Mexican cooking that are close to what mom used to make. One day I decided that I wanted posole after a night of bar hopping, so after a phone call to mom's house and a stop at a couple of Mission mercados, we had a delicious savory vegetarian posole on a Sunday morning. There are plenty of vegetarian alternatives to mexican cooking that taste (almost) as good as the original recipe.

M


2 comments:

  1. I love you bringing a little bit of home to San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOoooo... I want to learn how to make this!... It looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete